What is Tantra?
Essentially, it’s mindful sex. Or to be a little broader: mindful loving. Loving with presence and focus, fully engaged physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
Mindful sex means that:
- your monkey chatter mind is stilled, so your brain can focus creatively and connectedly;
- your body has heightened awareness, fully using each of its five senses, so there is great feeling throughout the whole body;
- you’re focused on the whole body, and even beyond the body, not just the genitals;
- there is a palpable energetic flow within you and between you, you feel connected;
- your sexual play flows in peaks and valleys, from intensity to subtlety and everywhere in between;
- you communicate verbally and physically with ease and understanding;
- you feel both deep and light: deep in feeling and light in freedom;
- orgasms may or may not happen, it’s the pleasure of the process not specific outcomes that matter;
- the encounter leaves you feeling recharged and reinvigorated;
- you find that the whole of life improves, you are healthier, more vital and feel a positive joyful outlook on life.
Mindfulness is a challenge to modern urban types whose lives rush by at a million miles an hour. So, if you can learn to incorporate it into your loving and love-making, not only will the experience of sex be so much better, you’ll become more mindful in the rest of life.